What do you do when you can’t find a healthy, pleasant tasting, fluoride-free toothpaste, suitable for the whole family? You make your own. That’s exactly what Michael and Michelle Aronson did over 30 years ago when their young daughter Tammy began swallowing her toothpaste which contained fluoride.
There was no fluoride free toothpaste on the market at the time which all the family enjoyed, so Michael and Michelle set out to make their own. The name ‘Grants’ comes from the street in which they lived at the time. Their daughter Tammy has since joined them and together they are committed to producing affordable, natural products for the next generation of health conscious families.
Click the image to read this informative article from the Herald Sun, September 22nd 2016 (also can be viewed here).
Grants is the original Australian all natural oral care brand. Clean and protect your teeth naturally and safely with the confidence that Grants is good for you and your family.
Our range of all natural oral care products taste great and are ideal for all your family. Since 1984, we’ve provided a natural way for you to fight plaque, prevent cavities and freshen your breath.
From our family to yours, we’re proud to provide you with healthy and effective products that are made from natural ingredients, are fluoride-free and are completely free from all nasties (no parabens, no artificial colours or flavours, no preservatives, no sugar and no sulphates).
From modest beginnings with one variety of toothpaste in several health stores in Melbourne, Grants toothpaste spread to nearly every health store in Australia and by the early 1990’s it was stocked in major supermarkets right across the country. The oral care range now includes 9 toothpaste flavours: Mild Mint, Fresh Mint, Cinnamon, Xylitol, Propolis, Whitening, Sensitive, Kids Blueberry Burst and Kids Strawberry Surprise, along with our Xylitol Natural Mouthwash and a choice of 3 bamboo toothbrushes.
Our Liquid Chlorophyll leads the market in its category and has been trusted by health conscious families for decades.
Export demand has grown steadily in line with increasing desire for natural and Australian made products and markets now include USA, China, Canada, Turkey, New Zealand, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Thailand and Singapore.
- 1983 Mike & Michelle realised there was a need for a pleasant tasting, fluoride-free, sugar-free toothpaste – preferably made in Australia.
- 1984 Mike & Michelle decided to try making their own & Grants Toothpaste was born.
- 1984 A local distributor sold Grants Toothpaste (originally called Grants Mineral & Herbal) into Safeway. Mike contacted a number of health food distributors around Australia, and started to wholesale the toothpaste for sale into health food stores.
- 1988 Mike obtained formula for a chlorophyll liquid from a health food manufacturer who had decided to discontinue its production. He adjusted the taste and started production using the same local manufacturer as the toothpaste.
- 1990 Development & production of Grants Extra Fresh Toothpaste.
- 1992 Mike secured a position for Grants Herbal & Mineral Toothpaste in Coles health food section
- 1995 Development & production of Grants Vitamin B Liquid & Grants Crystal Deodorant
- 2000 Grants Herbal & Mineral Toothpaste deleted in Woolworths – disbanded their health food section
- 2005 Relocated to a larger warehouse
- 2009 Development & production of Grants Mouthwash (alcohol free)
- 2010 Grants Herbal & Mineral Toothpaste relocated to Oral Care Section of Coles – disbanded their health food section
- 2011 Tammy joined the company
- 2013 Development & production of Grants Cinnamon Zest Toothpaste & Grants Xylitol Toothpaste
- 2014 Relocated to a larger warehouse
- 2016 Secured ranging in selected Woolworths supermarkets
- 2017 Development & production of Grants Blueberry Burst Kids Toothpaste
- 2018 Development & production of Grants Propolis Toothpaste and Grants Bamboo Toothbrushes
- 2019 Development & production of Grants Whitening Toothpaste & Grants Sensitive Toothpaste and awarded business of the year at the Monash Business Awards